Fixed Term Contract, ICS-4 (GS-4)
The OCHA office in the occupied Palestinian territory has responsibility for inter-agency coordination in complex emergencies and in natural disasters. In the context of the deteriorating humanitarian situation in the occupied Palestinian territory, the OCHA office has a specific responsibility for (a) disseminating information and policies to the humanitarian community, authorities and donors, as well as supporting resource mobilization efforts; (b) assisting in the identification of humanitarian priorities and needs and the coordination of resource mobilization efforts; and (c) disseminating information on the impact of natural disasters, response there to and the need for international assistance.
The oPt Humanitarian Fund, was created in August 2007 to ensure the adequate and timely funding of the humanitarian response to unforeseen emergencies. OCHA ensures the day-to-day management of the HF on behalf of the Humanitarian Coordinator, including selection of projects, filtering, and disbursement of funds and monitoring. OCHA also ensures that required needs assessments, gaps analysis and coordination have taken place before funds are allocated.
In order to meet the increasing requirements for the alignment of the Planning/Humanitarian Pooled Fund with the overall coordination priorities, including the Humanitarian Programme Cycle and prioritization by clusters, OCHA is boosting its capacity in the OCHA oPt Humanitarian Finance Unit. Through its increased capacity unit will ensure adequate support to coordination structures, timely and accountable inter-agency humanitarian response and funding.
Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Head of Office and direct supervision of the Pooled Fund Manager, the incumbent will assist with Humanitarian Finance Unit related tasks.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in the logistics conducting the monitoring of funded projects
- Follow up on the submission of reports
- Support in the logistics for Capacity Building on Monitoring and Reporting
- Support the Humanitarian Financing Unit during the allocation process
Function / Expected Results
1. Assist in the logistics for conducting the monitoring of funded projects:
- Assist in preparing the logistics to conduct monitoring field visits for funded projects, assist in drafting monitoring reports, and uploading the reports/recommendations on the GMS monitoring module.
- Send reminders to partners and cluster coordinators in term of the monitoring action points.
2. Follow up on the submission of reports :
- Follow up on reporting time frame of individual projects, and following up with partners and reminding them to submit the reports within the deadline.
- Follow up on the comments related to individual progress and final narrative, reports on Grant Management System.
- Attend relevant HF meetings and assist in taking minutes.
3. Support in the logistics for Capacity Building on Monitoring and Reporting:
- Preparation of invitations for Monitoring and Reporting related training
- Printing and compiling of training materials/tools.
- Assist in the facilitation of providing technical assistance for partners on Grant Management System (GMS)
4. Support the Humanitarian Financing Unit during the allocation process:
- Support in compilation of different inputs for the allocation papers
- Support the HFU during the allocation process in generating Grant Agreement and facilitate the signature process.
- Assist in the coordination of logistic support to HFU
5. Perform other duties as required by the supervisor
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to general administration support
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff
High School Diploma (Tawjihi or equivalent diploma)
4 years of experience in monitoring and reporting, project management or other related field.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS word, Excel, etc).
Experience in handling of web-based management systems. UN experience is an asset.
Fluency in both of the English and Arabic Languages, Excellent writing skills in English
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply